Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs at UK Airports: Info and Prices for Uber Drivers
The major UK airports are ideal places for Uber drivers to pick up passengers and get tips. We’ve put together the latest information on where you can pick up and drop off passengers at each airport and how much you’ll need to pay.
This information was updated on 17th March 2021. Before you visit an airport, make sure to check the latest government guidance and the procedures specific to the airport.
Airport pick-ups and drop-offs
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there have been a number of restrictions on international travel. As a result, there have also been some changes to terminals in some of the UK’s biggest airports.
Gatwick’s private hire waiting area moved to the Long Stay South car park in Zone A (Postcode RH6 0NY) in late October after changes made to accessible terminals (see the map below for more info). All flights are currently operating from the North Terminal. You can meet your rider at the North Terminal in Car Park 6, Level 5 in the Express Pick-Up area by the lifts.
At Heathrow airport, all flights are operating from Terminals 2 and 5.
At Manchester airport, it was announced that from the 11th November 2020, all flights will be operating from Terminal 1until further notice.
Fees for pick-ups and drop-offs
The price for pick-ups and drop-offs not only vary from airport to airport, but there have also been changes during the pandemic. Here are the latest costs for these major airports.
- Birmingham: free drop-off, £6 pick-up.
- Gatwick: £5 drop-off (in drop-off zone), £4 pick-up (30 mins in short stay car park, more prices here). From 8th March a minimum £5 charge will apply to use the North Terminal drop off zone and from 12th April a minimum £5 charge will apply to use the South Terminal drop off zone.
- Luton: £5 for both drop-off and pick-up outside the terminal. Free for both from the Mid Stay car park.
- Manchester: £5 drop-off, £6 pick-up.
- Stansted: £7 drop off, £10 pick up (orange zone).
- Glasgow: £4 drop-off and pick-up.
Entering the airports
Please bear in mind that if you must enter the airport to assist passengers, you will be required to do the following things:
- Wear a face covering while travelling through any part of the airport
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Keep your hands clean on the go by using hand sanitiser
- Make contactless payments where possible
And of course, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 you must stay at home.
As a private hire driver, INSHUR can support you with flexible short or long term insurance options. If you’re not quite ready to return to passenger pickup when lockdown restrictions in the UK begin to ease, then delivery work could be a good option. With INSHUR you are automatically covered to do delivery work at no added cost during the lockdown or you can now purchase a delivery-only policy without private hire. Click here for more details.