TLC Driver Safety Checklist: What To Do In An Accident?
Whether you’ve been driving professionally for weeks, months or years, it’s easy to jump straight behind the wheel and drive onto the road without carrying out a full safety check. But, this could mean a higher chance of having an accident.
Before every trip we recommend using our six-step checklist below to reduce the risk of an accident and ensure a safe ride for yourself, your passengers and your vehicle.
- Adjust rear-view and side-view mirrors
- Confirm headlights and blinkers are working properly
- Confirm that all tires have adequate pressure
- Turn on Nexar Dash Camera
- Confirm that your Registration, TLC License and Insurance Card are inside the vehicle
- Ensure that there are no obstructions of your view of the road prior to commencing your trip
Unfortunately, though, accidents do happen. So it’s super important to be prepared in the event of it happening to you. At the scene, be sure to follow the eight-step checklist found below.
- Remain inside your vehicle until it is safe to get out
- Check if your passengers are safe
- Call the police if anyone is injured
- Do not discuss or admit fault at the scene of the accident
- When safe to do so, take plenty of photos of all property damage
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver directly even if there are no injuries
- If you feel unsafe, go back inside your vehicle
- Call INSHUR at (866) 446-7487 to open a claim once you are away from the scene of the accident and in a safe place
Save this page to your bookmarks on your cell’s internet browser for easy access to your Pre-Trip Checklist before you take your vehicle out on the road.