04 Mar Where Are The Riders In The UK? Key Dates For Lockdown Easing
Across the UK, Lockdown rules are easing with key dates announced for the country. From 8th March England’s schools will reopen, and two people will be able to meet socially in an outdoor public space. From 29th March that social gathering limit increases to the rule of six, allows meeting in private gardens, and outdoor sports facilities will return.
Currently, our drivers tell us that the top three locations for picking up/dropping off riders are residential areas, hospitals, and supermarkets. However, the latest roadmap to lifting lockdown means that private hire drivers can inch closer to re-identifying reliable rider hotspots and pickup locations in the UK post-pandemic.
Scroll down to find the key dates for your diary, with rider demand likely to increase as the country reopens.
The following information is correct at the time of writing on 4th March 2021. But before you go, be sure to check the latest on local restrictions from official government sources: England, Scotland, and Wales.
According to the Prime Minister, the four-step plan to ease England’s lockdown could see all legal limits on social contact lifted by 21st June if strict conditions are met, as per the following:
Step one – 8th March
- Schools open. Outdoor after-school sports allowed.
- Two people allowed to sit together outdoors.
- Care home residents allowed one regular visitor.
Step one – 29th March
- Six people or two households allowed to meet outdoors.
- Outdoor sports facilities open, organised sport allowed.
- Travel outside local area allowed.
Step two – 12th April*
- Non-essential retail and personal care open.
- Hospitality outdoors open, like alcohol takeaways, beer gardens, zoos, and theme parks.
- Indoor leisure e.g. gyms, swimming pools open.
- Self-contained holiday accommodation open.
- Funerals continue with up to 30 people and weddings with up to 15 guests.
- International travel restrictions announced.
Step three – 17th May*
- Outdoors most social contact rules lifted.
- Six people or two households can meet indoors.
- Indoor hospitality and hotels open.
- Cinemas, museums, hotels, performances, and sporting events reopen.
- Up to 10,000 spectators can attend the very largest outdoor seated venues like football stadiums.
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions, funerals, and wakes.
Step four – 21st June*
- All legal limits on social contact removed.
- Reopen the final closed sectors of the economy, such as nightclubs.
*Earliest possible date.