FAQ Group: General app background


What’s coming next?

We’re continually looking to improve our product and we love feedback from our customers. New products and territories are in the pipeline, contact us for more info.


What type of policies can I get through the inshur app?

Currently we support liability and physical damage policies with the minimum limits of insurance as required by the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) for FHV vehicles such as Black Car, Livery, Car Service, Street Hail Livery. These policies are also compatible with ride sharing / Transportation Network Company (TNC) apps such as Uber, Lyft,...


What is an FH1?

An FH1 is a certificate that must be presented to the DMV, TLC or a police officer to show proof of insurance coverage. Proof of insurance coverage must be carried in the vehicle at all times. New York State’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) recently passed regulations allowing electronic proof of coverage. Using the inshur...


What follow up documents will I need to provide in the app?

Each carrier has different requirements and the app will notify you of missing documents. Typically, you will need to provide the following documents: Proof of address (This can be a utility bill or statement with your address on it) Proof of vehicle ownership (This can be a title, bill of sale or lease agreement) Base...